Yep, it's true! I love me some succulents. I think they look like magical, underwater roses. They are so beautiful and yes, they even rival my love of wildflowers (rival, but...maybe not beat!).
Some friends & I had a "favourite things party" tonight, and my "thing" was succulents. I love how many cute little ways they can be planted & displayed. I thought I'd share with you, some of the most inspirational, fun & cute! ways to plant these sweet little things! I hope you enjoy & find them as darling as I do.
try your succulents....
- monogrammed! I can't wait to try this. my brother is building Jake a playhouse in our backyard and I think a big ol' "J" full of succulents outside would look too cute!
- In driftwood! this photo makes me want to go drag a log off the beach and carve it out right now! how gorgeous is this??
- amongst candles. my sister in law & I did this with our moms at Christmas time and they turned out just gorgeous. I was inspired, at first, by this video from Ingrid Nilsen (watch @ 4:48 to see the piece we did).
- on a living wall. This is something that I might just be a little lazy and go buy, instead of make. We went to a greenhouse this weekend where they had several of these made up. Wow, were they ever stunning! A huge project to take on, for sure!
- in tea tins! ♥ Be still, my heart; sweet little old tea tins full of blooming, bright succulents! Ahh, such simple, artistic beauty -- and, a pretty way to recycle, too! I'm using a teeny tiny tea tin from David's Tea right now to grow a cutting from one of my mom's hens & chicks!
- oh my... succulents in a ladle! too cute and how simple? pop a nail up on your fence, stick a few minis, or one large succulent into the round ladle bowl and hang away! let the ooo's and ahh's and "aren't-you-clever's" begin! (try them in teacups, too!)
- inside corks, on magnets! the description does it no justice, but check them out! I saw these cutest things first in another one of Ingrid Nilsen's youtube videos (see here, at 3:57). I love them & I think these will definitely be the next ones I try!
- and, while succulents look absolutely gorgeous in all these unique & funky different places, you literally cannot go wrong by just choosing your favourite one and placing it, alone, in a simple little pot at on your windowsill!
See? Succulents! So many options; definitely fave-worthy! Stop by your local nursery & pick up one today! Happy weekending!