each year I keep a list of things I would like to do the following year. I love fresh starts, monday mornings, new beginnings - and I also like a good list-making session.
this year I will turn 28 on October 28th; a fact that I can either stress out about (28 feels OLD!) or celebrate! i've also always thought it would be cool, turning 28 on the 28th.
all that to say... i thought i'd indulge in a little list-making & share with you online-amigos the 28 things I've been wanting to before I turn 28 on the 28th.
1. Read a good book.
2. Lose 20lbs (11 down - 9 to go!)
3. Watch Pride & Prejudice.
Research some family history. (mission ventured! Thanks ancestry.com & some impeccable record-keepers through the centuries!)
5. Get family portraits done.
6. Perform a song I've written. (Hmm...maybe we will get there.)
Go to a zoo or aquarium. (I somehow have never been to either before. We did the aquarium with Jakob & my mom this Spring- the perfect little day!)
Go natural with my hair for a little while. (Doing! This inspired the sharing of this list tonight.)
9. Play banjo...better! (getting there!)
Do something magical & exciting with Jakob. (His first time at the VIEX this year and he LOVED every minute! Simple, but magical for him!)
11. Read through the Bible again. (almost finished, we are entering the home stretch here in Timothy now).
13. Knit a scarf.
14. Make Julia Child's beef bourguinion.
Grow a successful garden.
Discover a new artist to listen to. (For those of you who haven't heard her... listen yo-self some Ellie Holcomb!)
17. Keep a blog up-to-date. (what do I write about/focus on?)
Host a worship night for BC Teen-Challenge.
19. Go camping again.
20. Do a personal Bible study on a book of the Bible.
Drink more tea. Thank you David's Tea for moving in! New favourite -- watermelon mint iced tea. Mmmmm.
Just plain old try something new! I went TUBING the other week with friends and I tell you -- I haven't enjoying something so much in a long time! -- and I enjoy a LOT of things! What FUN!)
23. Watch "The Color Purple".
24. Send a kind letter to someone every time the thought comes to mind. (I have sent about.... 6 so far ...and I am not finished being 27 yet, so this goal won't be accomplished until then -- but I tell you -- when you simply set a goal to be intentionally kind, you start to realize all the times you ignore chances to do so when they arise.)
25. Do something in water colour.
26. Do something extraordinary.
27. Wear lipstick sometimes.
28. Teach Jakob to read. (we are close. soooo close!)
So there we have it - what 27 has held & hopefully will still hold in these last few months of it!
Some things I want to do in my 28th year include making a quilt, going on a family vacation (non music/work related) & heading to Nashville again.
Let me know if YOU have done any of these things!